Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Greatest super hero?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member royalflush's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2007
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    Speaking of super heroes. This guy hits the nail on the head in terms of worst super hero:

    http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2008...stand-aquaman/

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    I've always liked Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). When did Superman give Batman krypotonite just in case? I don't remember that one.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    The Greatest American Hero of course . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

    gah1
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  4. #14
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    I've hear it both ways. In Justice League, A New Frontier Batman says he bought it and I've heard in other's that Superman gave it to him
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    Was this in the comic books or the Cartoon Network series?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    Justice League: The New Frontier was a movie they put out straight to DVD I think. I rented the dvd a couple weeks ago. I think it has one of Batman's greatest lines ever in it.

    the movie - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0902272/

    the quote - "I don't know what you are or where you come from, but my instincts say I can trust you. Make no mistake though, I have a $70,000 sliver of radioactive metorite to stop the one from Metropolis. With you all I need is a penny for a book of matches."
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    Bluntman and Chronic of course, how can you not love a villian name Cock-knocker.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    The Tick. Best Superhero ever. Indestuctable, dumb as a brick...and a heart of gold. Plus he has a cool move... SPOON!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  9. #19
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    Forgot all about The Tick! That was one of Saturday morning's last cartoon strongholds, Fox at 11am with the X Men and The Tick. Favorite Tick Villain? The Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  10. #20
    Junior Hostboard Member ajofaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest super hero?

    The greatest Superhero would be Batman- and here is why he beats out Superman:

    The Kents drilled responsibility into Kal-El all his life, where he could never turn into a bully and abuse his superpowers.
    Bruce Wayne lost both his parents, had too much money, and had every reason to become the carefree playboy he was expected to become, and cleverly pretended to be.

    He overcame bitterness and self-interest to take on crime at risk to his life and limb.
    He honed his mind to a disciplined weapon dedicated toward the defense of others at his own expense.
    He quit the Justice League (once that I know of directly,) when his teammates refused to help him arrest Task Force X (the Suicide Squad),
    which was taking criminals they arrested, and putting them to work for the government, and even killing some of them.

    Spider-Man will always have this black mark against him, that he killed his own uncle by letting a robber go free, when a modicum of effort would have stopped him. None of his later heroics would make up for that. Plus, he has a Spider-sense that warns him of danger, so he has confidence that he can protect himself, and is not taking the risk Batman is. Old Batman fans would remember that it was not until the Tom Hanks movie that Batman's uniform became bulletproof! Maybe they will say that Daredevil's uniform is bulletproof too, will they?

    Daredevil was as good a hero as Batman- but he was largely restricted to the one neighbourhood. I don't remember hearing that he was ever in space!

    Iron Man's descent into alcoholism was, to me, far too contrived, and quite out of character. Tony Stark was always much more responsible than that, before they got the idea to give him feet of rust! But he didn't have to pretend to be a playboy- he was a playboy! I simply cannot stomach the idea of an otherwise responsible man running women through his bedroom like there was a revolving door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •